The Healthcare Supply Chain Association (HSCA) announced that Carl Gomberg, Lead Solutions Analyst at Premier, has been elected Chair of the organization’s Committee for Healthcare eStandards (CHeS). Gomberg is a longstanding CHeS member.
As Lead Solution Analyst in Premier’s Cost Management division – which is focused on supply chain products and initiatives – Gomberg has worked to support the adoption, implementation, and education of healthcare standards throughout Premier, its membership, and the supplier community.
Gomberg has been with Premier for 10 years – leading projects related to standards, cross reference, safety product catalogs, ERP item catalog maintenance, and master data management – and has 17 years of experience in healthcare supply chain and data management.
Prior to joining Premier, Gomberg served as a Supervisor of Analysis, Training & Quality Control at Sharp HealthCare in San Diego, CA, overseeing item management, purchasing operations, ERP user training, and data analytics in their Central Materiel Management department. Gomberg is an active member of GS1 US and sits on the GS1 US Healthcare Executive Leadership Committee (ELC) and co-chairs the GS1 US Healthcare Community Advisory Board (CAB).
In support of the CHeS mission and vision, the committee focuses on the following goals:
- Serve as one united GPO voice on matters of healthcare supply chain standards and process improvements.
- Provide an open and neutral forum for industry-wide collaborative approach for healthcare supply chain participants.
- Endorse GS1 Healthcare standards to help accelerate industry-wide deployment of the standards and associated processes throughout the healthcare supply chain.
- Develop and recommend best practices where industry-wide standards could improve efficiencies throughout the healthcare supply chain.
- Define and lead in the development of new standards where existing standards or their absence are not meeting industry needs.