Healthcare Purchasing News provides online employment solutions for healthcare professionals and employers. Here's a list of available opportunities in the healthcare market for material management, the OR, central service and infection prevention.
Why choose Silver Cross Hospital? Excellent people, technology, and growth potential.
Our impressive legacy of quality care and strong commitment to innovative solutions for the future can make all the difference in the satisfaction you gain from your professional experience. Silver Cross Hospital offers a unique combination of advanced technology, strong teamwork, and organizational vision. Come work at our hospital in New Lenox, Illinois and become part of an exceptional team that enjoys real advancement potential.
MANAGER - STORES & DISTRIBUTION New Lenox, IL
In this position, you will be responsible for source selection, price analysis, terms, and equipment specifications, purchasing initiatives and systems maintenance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing storeroom inventory, overseeing receiving functions, maintaining department supplies, managing associated staff, coordinating Pyxis units, managing mail, supply and equipment distribution.
- Managing the coordination of furniture and equipment relocation and storage projects.
- Participating as the Chair of the Surgery and General Supply - Product Evaluation Committee.
- Participating in the Code Blue Committee.
- An Associate's degree required; with a focus in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- 3 years previous experience in managing staff.
- Experience with a computerized inventory system and inventory management.
- Previous experience in working with GPO's and negotiating supply pricing agreements.
- Proficiency in the use of various Microsoft programs; minimally Excel and Word.
Silver Cross Hospital offers competitive salaries and benefits. For more information on this and other opportunities, and to apply, please visit:
Equal Opportunity Employer