The American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association celebrated the outstanding contributions its members have made to improve the healthcare physical environment. ASHE presented several awards during its 58th Annual Conference and Technical Exhibition.
The Crystal Eagle Leadership Award, considered ASHE’s lifetime achievement award, was presented to Timothy Eugene Adams, FASHE, CHFM, CHC, an ASHE member since 1990.
Presently, he is employed by Indiana University Health as program director of system environment of care and life safety, developing and directing a systematic program to promote best practices for all healthcare facilities throughout the health system. Adams’ devotion to preparing and mentoring the next generation of healthcare facilities professionals is unwavering and unparalleled. His passion for education and connection, unconditional support of others and steady commitment to improving our field are key reasons why he was selected as the 2021 Crystal Eagle Leadership Award recipient.
The ASHE President’s Award, which is presented at the discretion of the sitting ASHE president to an individual who goes above and beyond to optimize the health care physical environment, was presented to Sean M. Goings, CEM, CHSP, SASHE, president of DAC, Inc. in Houston, Texas. Goings has spent much of his over 20-year career working for global solution providers that serve health care such as Siemens and Schneider Electric, and he continues to deliver efficient solutions in the built environment. Sean is a Senior status member with ASHE (SASHE), a Certified Energy Manager and a Certified Healthcare Safety Professional. He has been a featured conference speaker for numerous organizations including ASHE and several affiliated chapters.
Also at the Annual Conference, ASHE recognized members who attained senior (SASHE) status this year and members who have fellow (FASHE) status within ASHE.
The SASHE designation is bestowed on those who have been ASHE members in good standing for at least five years and have supported ASHE in terms of education and leadership.
The following members are new SASHE recipients:
- Lindsey Brackett, CHC, CHFM, SASHE, Legacy FM, LLC, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Joseph G. Buri, CHFM, SASHE, UNC Health Southeastern, Lumberton, North Carolina
- Mark H. Dease, CHFM, SASHE, Prisma Health, Greenville, South Carolina
- Robert J. Heidelbaugh, SASHE, WellSpan Health, York, Pennsylvania
- Frank D. Rudilosso, PE, M.Eng, CHSP, SASHE, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York
- Clayton Smith, CHFM, SASHE, Children's Health System of Texas, Dallas, Texas
- Mark J. Thuringer, CHFM, CHC, SASHE, St. Croix Regional Medical Center, St. Croix Falls, Wisconsin
ASHE’s Regional Leader Award recognizes people for their contributions to the fields of health care engineering and facility management; planning, design, and construction; safety; clinical and biomedical engineering; and technical management:
- Region 1: Charles Brown, Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Providence, Rhode Island
- Region 2: Joyce Malone, Broadmead Senior Living, Cockeysville, Maryland
- Region 3: Jerry L. Thompson, PE, CHE, Duke Health, Durham, North Carolina
- Region 4: Terry E. Bowen, PE, CPE, CHFM, Tift Regional Health System, Tifton, GA
- Region 5: Jason Michael Hawk, St. Joseph Memorial Hospital, Murphysboro, Illinois
- Region 6: Robert J. Dubiel, CHFM, CHC, Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Region 7: Taylor Vaughn, MBA, CHFM, CLSS-HC, CHEPP, Children's Health, Rockwall, Texas
- Region 8: Nic Riesenberg, CHFM, CHC, North Kansas City Hospital, North Kansas City, Missouri
- Region 9: Anthony K. Crawford, CHFM, CHEM, Kaiser Permanente Vacaville Medical Center, Vacaville, California
- Region 10: Clay Ciolek, CHFM, Providence Health & Services, Olympia, Washington