Intelerad Medical Systems, a medical image management solutions company, announced the launch of Intelerad Cloud DR (disaster recovery), which is designed to provide secure, isolated and immutable copies of all medical images with unlimited capacity services., according to their announcement.
Cloud DR mitigates the risks against natural disasters, human error, technological failure or cybersecurity breaches amongst hospitals, healthcare systems and radiology practice groups. Attendees at the 2021 Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Annual Meeting taking place in Chicago this week may debut the new solution at Intelerad’s booth, #6115.
According to Sophos’ 2021 State of Ransomware Report, 34% of healthcare organizations were hit with a ransomware attack last year, with attackers succeeding in encrypting files in 65% of incidents -- much higher than nearly every other industry.
Additional benefits of Intelerad Cloud DR include:
- Freedom from extensive storage and DR infrastructure investment and management, further enabling organizations to move from a CapEx model to a more attractive OpEx model
- Cost reduction from eliminating the need to procure, rack and host extensive storage and disaster recovery infrastructure/management onsite, empowering healthcare providers to more strategically invest financial resources into valuable work and employees
- Independent from PACS and VNA systems, ensuring Cloud DR study copies are isolated from other storage sets on the network
- Built on Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud architecture so organizations only pay for the storage they need in an infinitely scalable way as storage needs increase
- Replaces tapes and removes the need for tape support personnel