Healthcare Purchasing News exclusively has recognized and honored Supply Chain and Central Service/Sterile Processing and Distribution (SPD) departments for decades as foundational to a healthcare organization’s ongoing operations and success. And Surgical Services departments with supply chain expertise rejoined HPN’s Hall of Fame line-up last year.
But what group touches and unites all three of these departments? Value Analysis professionals.
This team of clinical, financial and operational experts balance expense management with product and service optimization, with interdepartmental relationships and multidisciplinary communication and with patient care outcomes. This four-legged stool provides the solid clinical, financial and logistical support necessary for healthcare organizations to provide optimal care to patients and the community at large.
Might your team be worthy of recognition? You won’t know unless you nominate your team for HPN's inaugural 2023 Value Analysis Performance Excellence in Supply Chain award to debut and be featured in the October 2023 edition of the magazine!
Entries will be evaluated on elements disclosed in writing or provided in the following 4 areas:
Value Proposition and Productivity – How the Value Analysis team assesses products and services based on their impact on workflow, sustainability, staff protection and safety, patient outcomes and economic and operational facilitation (e.g., cost effectiveness and ease of use) as part of a value formulary that drives day-to-day operations and ensures patient care quality.
Teamwork – How the Value Analysis team communicates, cooperates and works together with physicians, surgeons, nurses and Supply Chain staff to assess, evaluate and procure the optimal products and services necessary to deliver high-quality patient care at appropriate cost levels.
Clinical/Financial/Operational Cost Savings Balance – How the Value Analysis team participates in product evaluations, contracting, purchasing, distribution, inventory management, consulting and facilitation to control and manage expenses. How specifically the team has contributed to managing – if not controlling and reducing – non-labor and labor expenses for clinical products and services.
Comprehensive Strategic Planning – How the Value Analysis team efficiently and intelligently evaluates clinical procedures and service lines for outcomes and how it evaluates technology – either directly or with Surgical Services and Supply Chain – to ensure the ongoing and future viability and reliability of the organization as a surgical provider.
There are no limits on the length of your entry, but please provide quantitative support for any claims made.
A judging panel of respected healthcare value analysis professionals from across the country, as well as selected experts on our editorial advisory board and our HPN editorial staff will evaluate each nomination.
For the nomination, highlight specific, measurable achievements and goals over the past year. Also include your name, telephone number, number of full-time equivalents, scope of responsibilities, and number of beds at the facility.
To qualify nominees MUST comply with the following rules:
- Only nominations submitted exclusively and originally to HPN and not to any other publication or association awards for any aspect of Surgical Services (inpatient or outpatient), will be considered. If you plan to submit or have submitted your case study as a nomination to other organizations (in print or online) in addition to HPN, we ask that you make a choice between HPN and those other organizations.
- All nominations must focus on team-driven contributions and results more heavily than outsourced/purchased services to consultants, distributors, GPOs, manufacturers and software companies. Basically, emphasize what your team has accomplished over what a third-party vendor did for you.
- All nominations must include relevant details on how some of your supply and service partners (manufacturers, distributors, GPOs, software companies and consultants) have contributed to your group’s development, growth and success. What did each of these key vendor partners do for/with you that mattered? Brag about what makes each of them useful and how they help /have helped your team succeed. Please identify each supplier/service company by name and include a sentence or two on what each did.
- All nominated organizations must be willing to share relevant basic financial details with our readers, such as annual revenues, annual expenses and annual purchasing volume as well as hard- and soft-dollar cost savings/expense reductions achieved.
- Finally, all nominations submitted to HPN become the property of HPN for use in editorial and promotional purposes in perpetuity and shall not be submitted or used anywhere else for any reason without the expressed written consent of HPN’s publisher.
IMPORTANT: ONCE AN ORGANIZATION HAS BEEN HONORED AND PROFILED FOR THIS AWARD IT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE RENOMINATED.
Submission deadline is Monday, August 14, 2023.