The new Physician Enterprise Performance Manager from iVantage Health Analytics – provider of performance management and analytic solutions for hospitals and healthcare systems – is the industry’s first integrated benchmarking and performance management tool that analyzes patient access and cost data to help healthcare leaders optimize the performance of their medical groups.
Araby Thornewill, President of iVantage said in a prepared statement that even just one physician group can have a notable impact on a health system’s overall success, but it can also be challenging to measure performance. “While health systems continue to make significant investments in building their base of employed and aligned physicians, many still struggle to understand the performance of the practices,” Thornewill said. “Physician Enterprise Performance Manager gives organizations clarity into whether their providers are effectively utilizing existing capacity to promote timely access to care while meeting marketplace demands and supporting the health system’s strategic growth objectives.”
iVantage Health Analytics, a subsidiary of The Chartis Group, says the Physician Enterprise Performance Manager provides insight into opportunities to increase throughput and clinic volume, expand and improve capacity utilization, enhance patient experience and reduce operational costs. Described in a company release, the platform identifies areas of opportunity for improvement by analyzing visit and volume patterns, timeliness of appointments and scheduling effectiveness. Additionally, via its integrated cost benchmarking feature, the platform identifies opportunities to achieve cost efficiencies in core and supporting practice operations, including the care team model. It allows users to compare access and cost performance to industry peers at the enterprise and specialty levels, perform drill-downs within specialty by practice location and provider to highlight variation and identify specific areas for improvement.
Physician Enterprise Performance Manager helps health systems and medical groups answer the following questions:
- Are we optimizing the use of our current provider capacity and clinic resources?
- Do we have sufficient capacity for new patients to allow us to grow our ambulatory volumes and increase referrals to strategically important inpatient services?
- Do we have the right care model in place to promote optimal use of capacity and reduce delays in care?
- Are we managing our portfolio of primary care and specialty care services to ensure that patients are seeing the right provider in the right setting in a timely manner?
- Are we leveraging our practice-based and other supporting resources efficiently and effectively?